In order to obtain a city business license, a business must have a Washington State UBI (Unified Business Identifier) number.  Please refer to to view Kalama City Business License guidelines. Apply for your General Business, Home Business, or Non-resident business license directly through MyDOR at To apply for 7 Day Business License, Amusement & Machine License, or Music & Entertainment License please click the link for “Specialty Business License”  If you have questions or need assistance contact, our office at 360-673-4555, or email


If you have a dog or get a new dog, the City requires that the dog be licensed once it is six months old . The City requires proof of a rabies vaccination for each dog and a completed Dog License Application.  Dog licenses expire December 31st, regardless of when it was issued.

           License fees:   Male or Female Dog (Unaltered)           $30
                                           Neutered or Spayed Dog                           $15

Following are some excerpts from the Kalama Municipal Code to serve as a reminder for all dog owners:

  • It  is unlawful for any person to allow their dog to originate from their property frequent, repetitive or continuous howling, barking or other noises made by any animal, which sound carries to adjoining property.
  • If your dog has puppies or you obtain another dog that is 6 months or older, you have 30 days to license the animal(s) without penalty. 

  • The fine for having an unlicensed dog is $207 (in addition to the delinquent license fee).

You may get your dog’s license at Kalama City Hall or by sending the completed application and a check payable to the City of Kalama, PO Box 1007, Kalama, WA 98625.  After processing, you will be sent the dog license(s).