If you have a dog or get a new dog, the City requires that the dog be licensed once it is six months old . The City requires proof of a rabies vaccination for each dog and a completed Dog License Application. Dog licenses expire December 31st, regardless of when it was issued.
License fees: Male or Female Dog (Unaltered) $30
Neutered or Spayed Dog $15
Following are some excerpts from the Kalama Municipal Code to serve as a reminder for all dog owners:
- It is unlawful for any person to allow their dog to originate from their property frequent, repetitive or continuous howling, barking or other noises made by any animal, which sound carries to adjoining property.
If your dog has puppies or you obtain another dog that is 6 months or older, you have 30 days to license the animal(s) without penalty.
- The fine for having an unlicensed dog is $207 (in addition to the delinquent license fee).
Dog owners have three options for obtaining dog licenses.
- Fill out the online Dog License Application and submit payment online. (There is no additional fee if an echeck is used. If a credit card is used, a $2.95 fee will be added to the license fee.) If updated rabies information is needed, the rabies certificate can be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to (360) 673-4560, or mailed to City of Kalama, PO Box 1007, Kalama, WA 98625.
- Fill out and submit the online Dog License Application and mail proof of rabies and payment to City of Kalama, PO Box 1007, Kalama, WA 98625.
- Print out the Dog License Application and mail the completed application, proof of rabies, and payment to City of Kalama, PO Box 1007, Kalama, WA 98625.
Once the appropriate information has been submitted, the dog license(s) will be mailed to you. The City requires a copy of the dog's rabies certificate before a license can be issued. To assist in identifying your dog if it becomes loose, please email a picture of your dog to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions or need additional information, please call the office at (360) 673-4908. Thank you.