Kalama City Council -Workshop -Now AT Community Building
Police/Public Safety Facility Funding Options
- Date: 02/20/2018 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: Kalama Community Building
216 Elm Street
Kalama, Washington 98625
DRAFT WORKSHOP AGENDA
February 20, 2018 @ 6pm
POLICE/PUBLIC SAFETY FACILITY
6:00 PM OPENING – ROLL CALL
A. Parameters for the Workshop
1. Not a Public Hearing – Limited public comments will be allowed regarding the funding options only. Polite and respectful comments are welcomed.
2. Workshops are for providing detailed information to the Council for their consideration. No decisions are finalized at a workshop.
3. Information on the location decision will be presented, but will not be up for discussion.
B. Powerpoint presentation – Overview of Preliminary Locations – Why they didn’t work?
C. Elements of a Police Station - Criteria for Building a New Station
D. How the City acquires property
E Councilmatic – what does it mean?
F. Funding Options – What can be implemented – How it is done – Timing
G. City’s Debt Capacity – Bonding Process – Timeline for Building
H. Council – Which funding options they choose to pursue – Final direction to be given at the City Council meeting on February 21, 2018.